Friday, August 24, 2012

Roku, It is so easy....

One thing I am always trying to accomplish in our house is to reduce some expenses.  Hey after all, we do have six kids! One expense that I can't stand every month is cable TV.  If it were up to me, this would be gone.  Fortunately for the cable company, it is not all up to me.  The rest of the family seems to have embraced them as a member of the family.  I don't get it.

I have introduced a couple of things in our house to try to persuade the family that the cable guy is a crook.  One of these is the Roku.  I have to say that I love this little device!  It is so easy to use a four year old could run it.  Go ahead, ask me how I know?  Because my little Maddie is using thing to stream her shows constantly.  Now there are a few things that you will need when you get your Roku.  You will still need your high speed internet connection and a subscription to Netflix.  You probably already have your high speed internet connection.  Netflix is only $9/month for unlimited streaming.  This is worth every penny.  There are so many movies and shows available.  Even the most entrenched coach potato will be entertained for hours and hours...

Some recent movies I have viewed on Netflix...From the Terrace, The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo, Scary Movie, Cat on a Hot Tin, Roof, The Three Stooges, Lucy, A Hard Days Night, etc....

Some recent shows that my four year old watches on Netflix...  Dora the Exploer, Kickin it, Pink Panther, Good Luck Charlie, Dora the Exploer, Kickin it, Pink Panther, Good Luck Charlie, Dora the Exploer, Kickin it, Pink Panther, Good Luck Charlie....Over and over and over and over....you get the point!  But she does love it.

The Roku has several other options besides Netflix.  For example, you can get Amazon Video on Demand, which is a video streaming rental.  If you are an Amazon prime member, you can get quite a bit of streaming free.  You can also add other channels such as Crackle, BlipTv, Classic TV, etc.  Check out the Nowhereman's link to see some awesome channels you can add to your Roku.

I have not been able to persuade the family to dump cable tv yet, but I will continue to work on it....After football season.  Support us and check out the Roku here:





If you like this post and think it would be valuable to someone you know, please share it on the social network of your choice for me, okay? All you have to do is click one of the buttons below. Then add me to your Google+ circles. Thanks
 --Rick
http://gplus.to/rickbolt
https://twitter.com/rick_bolt

No comments: