Monday, January 6, 2014

Where Have We Been??

Where have I been?  Well, I have been having fun at work being an early adopter of network fabric technology.  I even get a nice trip to Avaya Technology Forum and to Interop this year to sit on a panel....but you guys don't care about that.  Although, you guys may care about our new family adventures.

We have also been embarking on learning the Python Language.  I found out after many trials and errors that the younger kids just were not interested in this yet.  I am not completely giving up yet, I will revisit this in the near future when I have some more creative ideas.  Here is a picture from our Python Class....



Notice my lovely little Ellie with her hat on and her head down.  She did not want to participate.  She does not want to be labeled as a nerd.  I keep trying to tell her that it is not a bad thing, but you know teenagers.  I wish I could put her into contact with some female role model coders, but I can't force her to like it.  I think if she gave it a chance she could see the creative side of it and may like it better.  Good news is Nick is really good at it.  He has such great attention to detail, it fascinates me.  I will bring up tech savvy kids, not matter what!


Also the boys and I have created a new venture....


Introducing the BFL!!!!!!


That stands for Bolt Football League for those of you people that are not football fans.

Almost everyday that I have a day off, we head to our local wonderfully beautiful park called Forest Park and play some very intense touch football.  Right now it is just me and my four boys.   (My youngest son Sammy is all time offense to make teams even) I have to say it is crazy fun and is doing wonders in making me feel better physically.

Yesterday we were heading out to play a game during the recent snowpocalypse.  When we drove into the park I was so taken aback by the beauty of the scene, the photographer in me had to stop and take a few shots.  Below is what we saw when we pulled in....


I knew the day was going to be great when this scene greeted us.   We had a great game in the snow.  I only ended up on the ground a half dozen or so times and was still able to walk off the field.  The boys did a great job and Sammy (my 2nd grader) caught yet another touchdown pass.  I am proud of the way these kids are developing their athletic skills while we are all having fun.  I could not ask for more...Well, except for more time with them, but you can't have it all!

When it gets a little warmer outside, I am going to ask Ellie to come and take some pictures to document this for us.  I will post when I have more...



If you like this post and think it would be valuable to someone you know, please share it on the social network of your choice for me, okay? All you have to do is click one of the buttons below. Then add me to your Google+ circles. Thanks

 --Rick

 http://gplus.to/rickbolt 

  Roku.com - The Affordable On Demand Player! Click here! - 30-day Money Back Guarantee

No comments: