Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stock Photo Update....

For the stock photo followers, here is an update on the three sites I use....


My best performer by far is iStockphoto. This site has the most traffic and buyers. They are getting ready to implement a subscription system in addition to there normal business model. I am anxious to see how this will increase or decrease sales. I have not been on there long enough to see the peaks and valleys of sales, but I will report on that when I know more. It was a little bit of trouble to get accepted to Istockphoto, but it was worth it. One thing I really like about this site is that they give you very specific reasons for a rejection. You can usually fix the problem and then resubmit your photo. Now I need to find some time to shoot more of the concepts that I have thought up! I also need to find some willing models, since the family is not really up to it.

My second best performer is Dreamstime. This site started off with a bang, but has now slowed down. I have the second most sales here. It will be interesting to see their reaction to the subscription service of iStock. I have had a real difficult time lately getting images approved here. These are the same images that are selling on other sites. I am not sure about their approval process yet, and I have been on this one the longest. I still have an occasion sale on here, but I have yet to get another image approved. I need to study this more and see if I can figure out the trick. I will now become more liberal with my image uploading to see what gets approved and what does not.

The last performer is Fotolia. This is a great site to get started on to learn the whole process. One thing I love about this site is it has a very quick review system. They usually tell you within a day or two if your image is approved or not. I don't have a lot of good photos on this site and that may be some of the reason for the performance.

I will try and update a post every so often detailing my stock activities. I may sign up with a few more sites to add to this list.....

No comments: